BUY 12 OF THE SAME ITEM - GET 10% OFF, Exceptions Apply, Discount Will Be Applied By Staff After Checkout!
March 17, 2023
1. Typically, when working with grout, the water to dry grout ratio is 1:1, and it works out to be the same when using dye. For this project we used 1/2 lb of grout and one 8oz. bottle of liquid dye, no additional water needed for mixing the grout.
2. Transfer the dry grout into a mixing bucket. Holding the bucket at a 45 degree angle, carefully stream and mix ¾ of the amount of dye called for into the grout mix. If the mix is too difficult to stir, add a small amount more of the dye, then stir until the grout is just a bit thicker than the consistency of creamy peanut butter and there are no lumps. If the mixture is too watery, add more dry grout and mix well.
3. Allow the grout to rest for 5-10 minutes so the chemicals can bond. Once the grout has rested it might be a bit thicker, because the resting process allows all the powder to soak up the liquids. If you find it’s too thick, add the smallest amount more of dye, and mix well.
4. Load up your float with grout and begin spreading it over the surface of the tile, pushing it into the joints as you work across the surface.
5. Once you’ve grouted the entire area, wait at least 10 minutes before removing the excess grout with a damp sponge. After the grout dries, use a buffing rag or cheesecloth to remove any leftover haze from the tiles.
Cover work area with plastic table cover and have paper towels handy to protect against any possible spills. Gather supplies.
Wearing rubber gloves, fill sink or a large container with 3 gallons of very hot water. The water should ideally be 140ºF. If tap water is not hot enough, heat water on the stove and add to the dyebath. Pour 1/2 bottle of well-shaken dye into dyebath.
To enhance the color, add one cup of salt. Add 1 teaspoon of dish detergent to help promote level dyeing.
Test color by dipping a paper towel into the dyebath. If color is too light, add more dye. If color is too dark, add more water.
Dip bottom of shade into dyebath until desired color is achieved.
Contact us at (416) 461-1033, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow us on social media! And don’t forget to visit our store in-person or shop online to see our massive selection of proudly Canadian products.
September 22, 2023
September 15, 2023
September 08, 2023